WHO IS OLIVIA?
Olivia is originally from Pittsburgh, PA. Today she is a Los Angeles-based elite-class Innovator and extreme Athlete with unstoppable drive. Blind from birth, she gained her eyesight in 2016 thanks to The Eye Center of New York.
She has been making the impossible happen since before 2003.
WHAT HAS SHE DONE?
- Former MMA fighter.
- An early recurring guest on XM Satellite Radio; collaborated on the launch of XM’s Punk channel.
- Managed the 4G Network rollout and initial iPhone and Android device launches for Verizon Wireless.
- Independently crowdfunded Onezumi Events, which was her Event Production Company from 2010-2018.
- Voted the #2 Woman Changing Geek Culture by Kernel Magazine.
- From her former personal blog, founded a 3 day yearly Creative Incubator and Makerspace where 1000 of her readers convened every year. [Wired Magazine Coverage]
- Founded the largest Inclusive Doctor Who Convention in the world. [SyFy Coverage]
- Founded the largest Harry Potter Convention in the country. [BleedingCool Coverage]
- Former Haunted Attraction and Immersive Event Journalist
- Won a gold medal as an extreme athlete.
- Produced GIFT, a COVID-safe ARG played in Instagram and Discord.
She has spoken to audiences as large as 1500 at tech and geek events, been covered by magazines, TV News, and Newspapers hundreds of times so its pointless to list them all. She left a large positive imprint across most of the eastern seaboard.
WHAT’S HER SUPER POWER?
Olivia is Next Level at creating and influencing communities. Before her first event ever happened, she had 8 corporate sponsors.
Education, and lifting others up alongside her to encourage them to find their best will always be at the center of what she does.
Today Olivia is exploring her new, sighted world and welcomes all recommendations of things to do in Los Angeles.
If you would like to interview Olivia or have her speak at your event email OniDurant@Gmail.com.